Wednesday 29 May 2013

Pyatigorsk

Pyatigorsk is a city of unspeakable beauty. Firstly, it was a sanatorium, there are still a lot of hospitals.


It is situated between mountains Mashuk, Beshtau and Elbrus. A very interesting legend deals with these three mountains. I reccomend to read it.


Lermontov's House

I am coming out as a lone wayfarer; 
In the mist the way is spangled afar;    
The night is quiet; the wilderness is thorough,  
And a star is talking with a star.                                                 
                             
In the skies it’s wonderful and festive,      
The Earth is sleeping in the bluish shine … 
Why am I uneasy and depressive?
Wait for something, curse the life of mine?  
  
No, I don’t expect a happy lifetime, 
Nor am feeling pity for the past;
Just I seek some peace and long for a calm prime, 
Just I wish to get a sleep at last.      

Still I’d like the life to run its courses,
I would rather feel an eternal bliss:
In the sleep I would retain life forces   
For my breast would always freely breathe.    

I would like to listen constant singing            
Of a loving voice expressing glee,
And a darkish oak ever greening 
Let be rustling bended over me. 



Dombay Mountains








No comments:

Post a Comment